Syrian Refugee Student Successes
In 2015, Global Village Toronto donated five full-time scholarships in support of The Languages Canada Syrian Refugee Integration Initiative to help Syrian refugees integrate into Canadian society, culture and the workforce. They all arrived with their own unique aims, and different study plans were created for them. They are now finishing their programs and moving on to their next life goals.
- Mohammed studied in General English to improve his spoken English to be able to work and now has a job in the hospitality industry
- Anwar can now communicate effectively with her children’s teachers and daycare workers
- Khaled is taking IELTS Preparation to get the score he needs to proceed with getting his Pharmacy Licence in Canada
- Iman took a Cambridge Preparation Course for a big improvement in all her skills, especially grammar and vocabulary
- Maysaa is taking her IELTS Preparation to apply to graduate degree programs at Canadian universities
GVT staff and students wish them all the best in establishing their new lives here in Canada.